Saturday, October 13, 2007

Draft Tower!

I put a draft tower on my keggerator this weekend.

I couldn't have done it without the help of this page
Converting a Sanyo 4912 to be a homebrew kegerator

Here's what I started with:



I picked up the two perlick faucets on ebay and then I got the single faucet stainless steel tower. I had to drill a second hole in the tower.



I came out pretty good.



I took the top of the fridge off and figured out where the coolant line was so I would know where to drill the hole for the tower. I cut the plastic pieced out so I could put an 8" x 8" x 1/2" plywood board under the top. Then I put the top back on and drilled the hole.





Then I put foil tape on the hole.



I put sylicon sealant between the wood and the top and between the wood and the fridge.



I put the tower together and screwed it into the plywood. then I hooked up a hose to one tank and tested it out with hot water.



I had some plywood left over, so I made a shelf for the CO2 tank and a board for the floor.



Afterwards I put some foil on the bottom board to make it easier to clean. I think I will get some contact paper to put on the boards to keep the wood from getting dripped on.



Finished product:





First pour!

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Ben Ducklow said...

Can I ask what tool(s) did you use to drill the hole into the draft tower? I was going to attempt to turn my 1-holed tower into a 3. Thanks in advance!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home