Thursday, March 30, 2006

1st batch in bottles!

I racked my first batch into bottles tonight.

I pulled a sample out to make sure it wasn't fermenting any more. It's got a nice dark amber color to it



I racked the wort and the priming sugar to a 5gal plastic water carboy that I sanitized. I had to use the other end of my spoon to stir in the carboy. After it was in the carboy I noticed that there were some bits of hops floating around in the wort, so I put my grain bag over the racking cane as a filter when I went to bottles.



I racked to bottles and capped them



And tucked them away for two weeks.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Glibbidy said...

Dude- you need to invest in buying a few cases of bombers. It will cut your time in half with bottling, and give you a good excuse to drink more then 12 ounces at a time :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home